Friday, April 11, 2014

Adepticon 2014 Coverage: Crystal Brush Entries

With Part 2 of my 2014 Adepticon Coverage, I thought I'd gather all the Crystal Brush entries I took pictures of, and gather them up for everyone to drool over. Kind of like I did in person. Just as much as the army shots are inspiration for large-scale projects, the Crystal Brush entries are inspiration for competition pieces, paint schemes and conversions all at the same time.

While I didn't enter anything this year, purely as a result of my own procrastination with my Salamanders, that certainly didn't make me spend any less time at the display cabinets. Every chance I had to make an excuse to see what new entries had popped up since the last time I had checked, I took.

Now it's time to share all the entries with you!

Congratulations to Marike Reimer for her Top Prize winning Kraken's Mistress! Also congratulations to all the other winners as well!

Honestly, the only thing I can honestly complain about any of the entries is that I don't have one mixed in there. I'll be heading to Gen Con this year though, and entering into the painting competitions there though!

Did you enter? Do you want to next time? I know I do!

- Tim

 

4 comments:

  1. I don't have anywhere near the brush skills enough to try to enter a competition like Crystal Brush. Those entries are almost all simply breathtaking, thankyou once again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crap. Anyone has the skills to enter if you want to, you just have to want to and work at it :). Enter your first one and then it won't seem so daunting for future entries :).

      Always happy to share though!

      Delete
  2. Cheers, another great set of pictures. I really should go to Adepticon one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes you should! Then I could buy you a drink, and all of us to gab dinner!! Then geek out about everything there.

      Need to maybe try and propose a blog wars-style event next year at Adepticon maybe. Hmmm...may have to write the Con folks and see what they say.

      Delete