Wednesday, November 5, 2014

MayaCast Contest: 300pt Yu Jing Beginnings

So there's this Podcast run by a Mr. Schadle and a Mr. Parcel called MayaCast, perhaps you've heard of it? No? Well, go HERE, and give them a look see and a listen. If you're even remotely interested in Infinity, you'll thank me for it.

If you already know who these gentlemen are, and enjoy the game of Infinity, then you know that in Episode 7, they tossed out a contest to their listeners. The grand prize of which will be an Operation: Ice Storm box!

What…did you expect me to not try for this?

The premise of the contest is fairly simple, and takes place in two parts:

Part 1: By the end of October, submit a legal 300 point ITS list to Tom or Kip with a time-stamped picture of the new models in the list. These must be new models, not ones that have been painted already. They were kind enough to give a little grace to those who had perhaps just purchased and got to the primed stage, but nothing beyond that.

Part 2: By the end of November, have the models for your list that you submitted fully painted and based. Send another picture Tom and Kip's way with the completed models in it.

That's it! When you accomplish both parts 1 and 2, then your name is tossed in the hat to draw the grand prize. If at least a dozen people complete both parts of the contest, then more prizes open up for the giving!

Below is my list:

YU JING

──────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 (Regular: 10/Irregular: 0):

ZÚYŎNG Lieutenant (Automedikit) HMG / 2 Pistols, Knife. (1 | 42)

SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 56)

SHÀNG JÍ Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 54)

RAIDEN (X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 31)

TOKUSETSU KOHEI Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (14)

KEISOTSU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (12)

KEISOTSU Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (12)

CELESTIAL GUARD Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)

LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (25)

GŬILÁNG (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)

6 SWC | 297 Points

I'm liking the make up of the list for sure, and most of the models involved are ones I've wanted to paint for a while anyway, so it gives me a great excuse to get off my rear and get it done. Take a gander at the picture submitted along with the list:

So I've got the models cleaned, prepped, pinned, assembled and primed. And yesterday I finally came up with a color scheme! That's a pretty good step for me, as typically color schemes are some of the biggest hurdles for me for whatever reason. I'll be doing a primary color of off-white, with accent "pop" colors per Sectorial That each model belongs to.

Any other folks who read my ramblings taking part in the contest?

- Tim

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the process! You also need to check out Malifaux, I think you would enjoy painting their highly detailed figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY like the new range that Malifaux has been putting out. As in I REALLY want to spend money on it. I think I may end up waiting until after Adepticon though.

    I'll say this though, watching you guys have so much fun in the Malifaux room this past year made me jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Tim! I'm glad we finally get to see what you have up your sleeve! I already have two armies for this game. I've resolved not to start a third until I finish just one. ;)

    But the list looks solid, you have plenty of options while still having a strong focus on one area: Hacking. Infinity is all about having all the tools you need and it looks like you have a pretty full tool box.

    ReplyDelete