Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Adepticon 2013 Image Dump: Crystal Brush

Needless to say, I took a metric crap-ton of pictures this past weekend. As promised, day two of the image dumps consist of the Crystal Brush entries for the 2013 Crystal Brush Competition. Unfortunately, family needs and work kept me from entering anything this year, but that didn't stop me from drooling all over the glass while I took these pictures.

I've been asked why would I spend so much time looking at, and even studying to some degree, other people's entries into a contest like Crystal Brush, or Golden Demon. Honestly, for two reasons: 1) because in those display cases, lies buckets of inspiration for me, 2) studying other amazing entries, especially when I'm competing against them, can be a touch humbling, and does a person good. Entering competitions such as these can be intimidating, but when you can enter them, doing your very best, and at the same time, being humble enough to actually learn something from your competitors and good criticism, then you can only improve,

Enough of me on a soapbox, let's get to the pictures!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment